Saturday, November 19, 2005

Proud to be an Auburn Alumnus

Auburn 28, Alabama 18!!!!
War Eagle, Baby!!!
For the first time ever in my life, I didn't see the Auburn/Alabama game, BUT it was for a very good reason. The family and I drove 12 hours to pick up my sweetheart of a stepson who will be with us for the next week. Yeah! We are all very excited since we don't get to see him nearly enough (lives in Chicago area). I wouldn't have missed that for anything. But, we did bring the laptop so we could listen to it via the web and it was totally awesome, or as Ethan would say "totally wicked!" Auburn stomped Bama by scoring 21 points in the first quarter. It was a surprise to a lot of people since Alabama was ranked ahead of Auburn, but not to us. This is one game that always exists outside the realm of logic. It may seem strange to those of you who aren't from Alabama, but believe me, college football is KING down here, and this matchup always proves to be a great one. Having grown up a Bama fan (my parents got their graduate degrees there) it wasn't until my sister went to Auburn to major in Speech Pathology that I found out what an awesome place it is. After visiting her there for one weekend, I knew exactly where I wanted to go. I did and it became home to me very quickly. It's a beautiful campus in the heart of a small town rich with history. My Tuscaloosa-born husband fell in love with it as well and horrified his family by becoming a huge fan. That's okay, though, they still love us, we just don't talk on game day! I'm kidding, of course...my mother-in-law is one of my best friends and we pretty much talk daily, regardless of football.
Well, I have to go. I am just very excited and since I can't be at Toomer's Corner tonight, I guess blogging is the next best thing!
Oh yeah, and one more time, War Eagle!!!

1 comment:

Jana said...

LOL Jana! Sounds familiar. That's the way it is when MSU and Ol' Miss play. Course, this year MSU is gonna soooo get whupped but, blech! It's been a bad couple of years. I think we should change our names from the Bulldogs to the Whipped Puppies. hehehe (Don't tell any MSU folks I said that though. I'd be strung up or worse yet...banished to Oxford! :-O

Can't say I'm a huge Auburn fan but I AM glad they beat Roll Tide. ;-)