Friday, January 13, 2006

My TV Debut...

Well, today should be interesting. I am actually going to be filming an infomercial this afternoon. Is that hilarious or what? Eight months ago, I had Lasik surgery to eliminate my need for corrective lenses of any kind. I had been wearing glasses/contacts since 5th grade, and for the last five years my eyes could no longer tolerate contacts. My eyes actually began rejecting the foreign body in my eyes and I developed an allergy. Since I hate wearing glasses, I decided to investigate the surgery. When our friend who is a doctor had it done, I decided it was time. So, I had it done and it was amazing. Not only did it not hurt (mildly uncomfortable) but it was over so fast. I will never forget waking up that afternoon at home and being able to see the digital clock for the first time. Ah, the freedom! I no longer have to pack burdensome bottles of cleanser and disinfectant. My eyelids no longer adhere to my eyeballs after 6 p.m. I know longer have to touch my eyeballs every morning and night. It's wonderful.

Okay, well, that was good practice for giving my testimonial this afternoon on camera. Are you convinced? Are you ready to call and make an appointment right this minute? I can't believe I am actually doing this. Anyway, at least it will only be airing on local cable channels in the middle of the night right after the Bun "n Thigh Roller and Dr. Ho's Muscle Massage. At least, that is my sincere hope.

No comments: