Thursday, June 08, 2006

The Blues...

Wow, I keep meaning to write, but I just never have a moment any more. Who was I kidding when I said I hoped to write more this summer? That's just not realistic. I'm either cleaning up a mess while the kids make a new one, at the grocery store, folding laundry or refereeing a squabble. I am thinking about incorporating a coach's whistle into my daily routine. Just kidding...

I guess I just feel that all the work I do gets undone in the blink of an eye and leaves me feeling like I have no real purpose. My writing career has gone down the tubes in the last few years and although it's a sacrifice I chose and want to make, it's still disheartening at times. Why did I study under some of the best poets in the southeast for four years? Why did I fall asleep on my keyboard at 3 a.m. every night for two years? I keep thinking one of these days I'll have more time and it just never happens. I used to pound out a poem, story or review once a week. People used to pester me for my writings. Those days are long gone, I guess.

Okay, I think I have a case of the stay at home mom blues. I couldn't bear to have it any other way, but I just feel this way some times. Is this normal?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jana, This is so very normal! I got to feeling that way myself after a while. And almost 2 1/2 years at home made me realize that a mothers work is never done. Now that I am back in the working world I miss being at home but I love my new job. It has been a challenge and I know there are more of them waiting around every corner.

I will be praying for you. I know all about the blues! I love reading your writings and will read as long as you post!