Monday, October 30, 2006

My Baby...

My little boy is quite sick today. It breaks my heart when those big tears roll down his face and he says through chattering teeth "I'm not feeling so good, Mommy." I awoke around midnight to his crying and found him in bed with chills and a fever of 103. When he begged to come to bed with me, of course I tucked him in my arms and brought him down. For a while he just wanted to lie there and discuss all the shadows in my room, but finally he snuggled up under my chin and fell asleep. I didn't sleep very much, but that's okay. After a morning of making ghost lollipops and reading books together, he is now napping with his stuffed dog, Douglas, under his arm and looking so angelic it's all I can do not to squeeze him. I'm just praying he is feeling well enough to trick or treat tomorrow or he will be very disappointed. He is a special little boy and it's hard when he's not feeling well because he is normally so happy and upbeat. Those big blue eyes and dimples (and being the baby, of course) go a long way. No one that meets him can resist his funny chatter and imagination. He's definitely his daddy's boy.


Have you ever seen a cuter kid (well, both of them!)?
Okay, well all this is making me feel the urge to check on him one more time. I'll update later!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Hope little Ethan feels better soon.