Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Storm 2011

A rare winter snow storm invaded the Southeast on Sunday evening.  We woke up Monday morning to 8.9 inches of snow on the ground.  This might be the most snow this area has ever seen.  Of course, there was no milk or bread to be found and I'm pulling out my hair with needle nose pliers because school has been out ALL WEEK....but, hey.....we're adapting.  Sort of.

The scenery is beautiful, I must admit.  These hay bales down the street are covered in snow.

A barn near our house....this was a few days after the storm when we finally ventured out.  I was starting to scratch holes in the drywall by this time.  Mac has nothing on me.

The family snowman.  I know he's a little small, but it was freezing out there!  Besides, it's harder than it looks and I don't like wet mittens.

I have never done this before.  A carrot nose and everything.  Wow.


No comments: