Monday, August 29, 2005

What a Weekend!

Its a lovely Friday night...swimming with the family, grilling chicken kabobs on the deck, my little boy laughing on the porch swing...blueberry vomit spews everywhere, and its all downhill from there. Although there was no head spinning involved, it was definitely horror movie material. Why is it that when a child throws up, there is always more to come out than went in? I mean, blueberries and a cup of yogurt from 4 hours earlier and suddenly we need a Haz-Mat team to clean off our back porch. Okay, I know I am being overly dramatic and disgusting here, but isn't it fun? Anyway, my little sweetie was okay, just a mess.

Saturday at noon...my daughter's second soccer practice of the season (really the first since the real first was rained out), cleets, shin guards, size 3 ball, 4 boys, 2 girls, "Hustle, Hustle"...vomit. Yes, it was Hallie's turn. Poor thing, she was so excited about the new season, not to mention her back-to-school carnival was that afternoon and we obviously couldn't go. What did we do instead? Some family cuddle time on the couch while we watched Shrek for the millionth time. That's okay...I am just glad they got better so soon. At least we were all well enough to go to church on Sunday. Randy had written a soundtrack for a drama presentation and I really wanted to hear it. For those of you who don't know, my husband is an extremely talented musician and he plays keyboard, and sometimes the drums (which I love to see him do *wink*) at our church. I'll have to share some of his music soon. It'll blow you away. Can you tell I kind of like him ;) ?

Okay, gotta go. Here's a picture of Hallie pre-vomit. Didn't she look cute?