Tuesday, October 04, 2005

From the Mouths of Babes


I have to share some things my two year old son said today. He was watching as I read my Bible this morning, and he said "Mommy, is Jesus is Heaven?" When I confirmed this for him, he got a funny grin on his face and said "Is he hiding up there?" Laughing, I said "No, he is there waiting for us, but he can still hear our prayers and watch over us." He responded by telling me that he thought Jesus was playing hide and go seek and yelled out "Ready or not, here I come!", the poignancy of which I felt only later. I told him that Jesus would probably love to play games with him, but he just has to wait a while. He seemed satisfied with that and after a few moments of contemplation said "Mommy, Jesus is God's son." I said, yes, that is right. Once again he smiled his killer smile and said, "He's God's little baby boy."

Now who could ask for anything more than moments like those?

No comments: