Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Catch Up..

I hope everyone had a good Easter. Mine was as close to perfect as possible. This is the first year in 3 that Randy has actually been there in the morning. As the keyboard player and oftentimes vocalist at our church of about 1000 people, he has to leave the house on Sunday mornings by 7:00 and doesn't return until 12:30, not to mention that on Easter there is always 3 services. Don't get me wrong...I love that he has found a ministry that he loves so much, but it's nice to have him there when the kids see their baskets and to help me get them dressed and out the door! We also had Marshall here this year so it really worked out nicely to have him home. We all went to church together where I was moved to tears by the music and message and then we had a nice dinner afterwards at our house. ALL my parents came, so it could've been explosive (I am always on edge for that possibility) but they were, for the most part, rather civil. Don't we look nice?

Of course we also did the Easter activities that don't really have much to do with Jesus, but that I find harmless...egg dyeing, hunting and baskets of treats. Personally, I don't find it particularly bothersome that parts of Easter have pagan roots, although I can understand those who do. I personally believe that God is interested in our motivations and our hearts, and I think that any day we choose to celebrate what He did for us is fine with Him.

Well, we are getting ready to go visit my very best friend this weekend in Florida, so I have lots of laundry to do. It'll be nice for us to get away for a few days. The kids love any reason to go some where in the RV, but they especially love the beach!

1 comment:

Jana said...

Ya'll do look nice. :-) Glad ya'll had a great Easter!