Sunday, April 09, 2006

I'm Here...

Sorry it's been so long, folks, but I've had a very sick daughter. She is improving, but had a fever of 104 and nausea yesterday. She had to miss softball and a birthday party and I am waiting to see when Ethan is going to take it. All of this plus the fact that a tornado passed over our house Friday night at 11:00 and golfball sized hail battered two of our cars. We are all okay, but squeezing into the storm cellar with our neighbors, my mother in law and a very sick little girl in the middle of the night was not the highlight of my weekend. However, my daughter's face when I brought her flowers from the grocery store yesterday is. Okay, I also got her the pair of "Krocs" (sp?) she has been asking for. I tend to indulge my kids when they're sick. So sue me.

Anyway, I hope all of you had a better weekend than I did. I'll write something more coherent later...after my nap.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I'm sorry you've had such a rough weekend. If you are like me, you would much rather be sick yourself than have a sick child. I hope she gets well soon, and I hope the illness bypasses the other members of your household.

Praise God you are all safe after the storm! I can only imagine how scary that must have been.

I pray you'll have a much better week. (And don't worry about judgment from me--I tend to overindulge Blake when he is sick too.)

Jana said...

Oh, hun, sorry you had such a rough time. Hope Hallie's feeling better and that Ethan doesn't get it.

My sister was telling me how rough it got over there. She and her husband and daughter all ended up sleeping in the closet, it got so bad. They all made it through safely though. Glad that was the case with ya'll as well.

My other sister, in the Delta, had a rough time of it too. Had some hail damage to their roof. Somehow the storms and tornadoes managed to miss my house, thank the Lord. :-)