Monday, July 31, 2006

Man's Best Friend...

I can't believe I bought bottled water for a hermit crab. Yes, that is correct. That and about ten other things hermit crabs apparently can't live without. Like a piece of tree bark. Yes, I paid four dollars for a piece of tree bark. Why, you may ask, didn't I just go pick up a piece of tree bark outside? Well, this one was shaped like a tunnel. Don't you know that hermit crabs really need their privacy? Come on, the fact that they never come out of the shell on their back doesn't count. Oh, and I had to splurge and get the calcified sand because the sand I buy for my children isn't good enough. No, hermit crabs need special sand...special sand that costs ten dollars a pound. I also learned today that they need a wall in their "habitat" to climb in order to get enough exercise. Apparently sitting in one spot with your head in expensive sand isn't enough activity. And did you know that hermit crabs need treats? Not just regular food, but treats. I am just waiting for him to roll over, sit up, and play dead on command. Oh, wait a minute, he plays dead all the time! How many pieces of dried fruit does he get for that?

But, wait a minute... maybe Hermie is so sedate because I didn't buy the six dollar sea salt soaking solution. That must be it! Ah, the pang of regret. Sleep will elude me tonight for sure. :o)

2 comments:

Jana said...

ROFLOL

I take it ya'll got a new pet, huh? Sounds...fun. hehehe

Melissa said...

I remember my brother begging for a hermit crab when we would go to gift shops at the beach as kids. Mom would never go for it though. I hope ya'll enjoy him as much as my brother thought he would have!