Saturday, October 14, 2006

A Saturday...

This is a great day for a few reasons. The first and most important is that my best friend turned 30 today. That's right...Sally is now officially an old woman and in 21 days I will join her in her infirmity. I'm just kidding, of course. Thirty isn't really all that old, I don't suppose. It sure as heck sounded old about 15 years ago. I have to tread carefully here, though, since my other half is...well, let's just say he rounded this corner a few years ago. In all seriousness, I think entering our fourth decade of life is a positive thing, Sal. Maybe our mothers will finally forgive us for "that night". Okay, probably not, but we can hope.

The other significant event of the day is that Auburn whooped some Gator heinie tonight in what is probably in the top five best football games I have ever seen. Of course, seeing it in High Def TV added to the coolness factor, and other than being there, this was the next best thing. I know I was a little hard on them after their loss last week, but they played their hearts out tonight.

The rest of day had it's moments as well. Herman pulled himself out of his latest funk (and believed demise) to turn over his food dish and make a big mess. Way to go, Hermie. You're not going gently into that good night. Hallie played some wicked softball in the front yard. Ethan Skywalker saved us all from the evil emperor. Scott and I grilled some killer steaks for supper, and last but not least, Randy is doing the dishes at his insistence. What a guy! I think I'll go keep him company.

;) Night-night.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Sounds like an excellent weekend. :-) And the hubby doing dishes? Man, you oughtta have him clones. lol