Monday, January 30, 2006

The Next Step

Feeling strange today...I am thinking of giving up the blogging thing. I just don't feel like I have enough time to make it constructive and there are limits to what I can post due to restrictions on poems and stories pending publication. I just don't know if it's worth it. I really feel like no one cares what I write on here anyway. Other than a few lurkers and loyal readers, I am not really doing much with this thing. I am not under the impression that any of you care about Lincoln Log littered floors and my kid's insatiable appetite for fruit roll-ups, or about the tiny little chocolate cake my daughter and I baked in her oven today. Why would anyone really be interested in my valentine window clings or my husband's puppy dog eyes? Let's face it, no one is. I just can't believe that this is worth the time I am putting into it. I read other people's blogs and several of them have all these readers and comments and I am just thinking, okay, what did these people do? Lease a billboard or something? Oh well, we'll see. I guess this just isn't what I thought it would be.

Oh, and even though I know none of you care, I am reading a book by Dr. Laura of all people. It's called "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands". It's a great book. It really validates what I've always said about marriage. Ha, there are a few people I'd like to send a copy to... anonymously, of course.

Signing off now...if I don't come back, thanks for reading this far anyway.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love reading about your life. It helps me to realize I'm not the only mom who cares and not the only one who chooses to be at home. I love reading about your "drama", your excitement and your kids! I haven't been as faithful at posting on my blog as I think I should either. but I love to read both of yours.

And just so you know, you don't have to hold anything back. I have been reading ALOT of blogs and there is some raunchy stuff out there. DO NOT HOLD BACK!
You are loved and apperciated!
Take care Jana!
Gidgit

Jana said...

Awe, Jana, don't give it up if it's something you enjoy. I don't know that anyone particularly cares about what I write in my blog either. I have maybe a handful of loyal friends who comment but mostly I just write in mine for the sheer therapy of it. It's nice to be able to share things with the internet world that I wouldn't, perhaps, share with people I see face to face everyday. And on the rare occasion that I say something that resonates with my friends, it's great to know that I'm not alone.

I personally love to read about your life and how you view the world, not just because you have a way cool name (hehe) but because your life is so different from mine and yet somehow the same. It's comforting and reassuring somehow.

Just do what you feel comfortable with, but should you choose to quit, know that you will be missed. (((hugs)))