Thursday, August 10, 2006

First Day of School! First Day of School!

"We're off to learn to get some knowledge!"

And if you haven't seen Finding Nemo, then you just think I am insane and that's okay.

Hallie had her first day of first grade yesterday. She was fine until time for me to leave and then the tears started. Man, did I have a difficult morning worrying about her! I was quite relieved, though, when I picked her up and she said "I can't wait until morning so I can come back!" I can't ask for more than that!

Here's the little sweetheart on our porch before leaving. Notice the gap in the smile...she sure is proud of that!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

She looks so pretty. I love the bag! I'm glad she had a good day--I know that takes a load off of your mind. Blake moves up to the K-4 class at preschool on the 21st. I hope he will enjoy his new class. It is always hard when the kids get shuffled and have to adjust to a new teacher. I hope she has a great year!

Rachel Richard said...

Awww... She looks so cute! I've got butterflies in my tummy thinking about when my kids will go to school. Glad to see that she had fun and wants to go back!

Jana said...

Awe, she's so cute. :-)

My niece, Emmy, started first grade yesterday, too. My sister said she walked in the room, put her stuff away and said, "See you later, Mama." LOL Sis was the one crying! :-D

Glad Hallie had a great first day. :-)