Monday, August 07, 2006

Reasons why the last 24 hours have been interesting...

1. Hallie, with her brothers in tow, discovered a scorpion in our basement, which, according to Hallie was 3 inches long.

2. I looked for this houseguest for an hour with one of my husband's shoes and had no luck.

3. I am now restricting the children from the basement out of fear, whether rational or not, until this pest is found and destroyed.

4. Ethan had diarrhea during his nap and didn't make it to the bathroom.

5. Our new carpet upstairs now has its first blemish.

6. The brand new Buzz backpack that has been glued to his shoulders also has its first blemish.

7. I used an entire box of wet wipes before I got him in the tub.

8. I will not let Ethan eat three servings of fried okra any more.

9. Herman the crab had a birthday party since "he may not make it to his real one", whenever that may be. The kids and I sang "Happy Birthday dear Crabbie" at the top of our lungs while Hallie presented him with a present (a shell from the beach) packaged in a cough medicine box and a homemade card.

10. Apparently uplifted after his party, Herman the crab managed to escape his confines (mainly because Hallie forgot to put the top back on) and was missing for about 10 minutes in which I made the kids sit on the couch with their feet up while I frantically searched for him, praying he wasn't already carpet blemish number 2.

11. I found Herman safe and sound on the other side of Hallie's bedroom in her Polly Pocket mini salon. Hmm......

12. I made two fudge pies and a crock pot of homemade macaroni and cheese for the school picnic tonight. Okay, one pie is for the picnic. The other is in case there's no leftovers to bring back home.

13. I sold my first item on ebay for $79.00. Not bad...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an amazing writer. I could so visual everything you wrote about. I was giggling the whole time I was reading your blog. I wish everyone had your sense of humor and look on life. Thanks for making me smile!

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Melissa said...

Adventures in mommyhood! It always amazes me when my more career-minded friends think being a mom must be a complete bore. They have no idea!

I hope you find the *EEK!* scorpion. I think I would have to move. :)

Jana said...

"I found Herman safe and sound on the other side of Hallie's bedroom in her Polly Pocket mini salon. Hmm......"

ROFL That is just tooo hillarious. :-D

Interesting is definitly the perfect word choice here. lol Hope you find the scorpian.

Rachel Richard said...

I bet the makers of Polly Pocket never considered that the salon could doubt as a Hermit Crab house!