Saturday, August 12, 2006

Summertime Blues

Wow...today's heat index is 95 instead of 105. Is fall in the air already?

Hah...August is not my favorite month. I haven't allowed the kids to play outside all week due to temperatures of +100. We've colored every picture imaginable, flown paper airplanes, explored the contents of several closets, ran through the house screaming and taken lots of Advil. It didn't help matters that the elusive scorpion has managed to escape capture and I still haven't reopened the basement to people under 5 feet tall. Someone tell me I'm overreacting...please? Actually, we did venture out one day to nearby Cathedral Caverns where it actually gets down to 55 degrees inside the cave. We almost decided to move in.

Whew. This summer has exhausted me in every way and I am ready for it to be over. I want cool breezes, football games and days where I actually have time to be semi-productive. 41 days and counting...

2 comments:

Jana said...

I knew it felt infinitely cooler Saturday. LOL I mean, I was outside for a whole minute before the sweat broke out! Usually sweat is instantaneous with walking outside. :-D

Melissa said...

It was actually too hot to swim here for a few days last week. Pool water is supposed to be refreshing not 95 degrees! I am also eagerly awaiting fall. I can't stand keeping Blake cooped up inside, and I really like fall and winter clothes much more than wummer clothes. Bring on the cute jackets!