Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A Post About Nothing

Well, nothing terribly exciting, anyway. I was up all night with Hallie who had nausea and fever. I "slept" in the guest/Marshall's room (who left on Sunday,BTW) next to Hallie's room, but I really didn't get much rest. I am always on edge when I have a sick child, especially when they tend to run fevers of 104+. Anyway, I hate that she had to miss school so early in the year, but such is life I suppose. We spent all morning in the doctor's office just to make sure it wasn't strep since she was also complaining of a sore throat. It wasn't...thank goodness, but I really do not like the nurse that swabbed her throat. Hallie was naturally not doing cartwheels over the whole thing so the lady told her she would call "Mr. Reynolds" (think huge bouncer type) from the lab to hold her down and it would take "a lot longer than 3 seconds." In other words, lets make my already fearful child even more terrified by threatening her with the Incredible Hulk. Hallie even complimented her on her Poohbear scrubs and she pretty much ignored her. Not cool.

Well, Hallie seems to be feeling better but still has a fever. I think we are all going to lie down and rest. I wanted to post pictures from Ethan's first day of preschool and soccer, but I can't go downstairs right now. Maybe later...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope she gets well soon. Sick kids are rough... I hope you get some sleep tonight.

Rachel Richard said...

Sounds like the same ickies we are passing around this week. Hopefully, it won't last long! Get some rest.

Jana said...

Hope she feels better soon and you, too. :-)